Slow cooked smoked pork tongue

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
This is the pig I took with Neil Ray and GSGS. I have no idea if this will work, but I brined the tongue in sea salt four 5 days, then soaked it in fresh water and trimmed it. Seared it in the skillet to remove the skin, now slow cooking with browned onions & shallots, BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, bay leaf, thyme, brown sugar, all spice and mustard seed. Will report tomorrow. I guess I should have measured... Just threw in what I thought would taste good.
;Dqe9ume2a.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

e8a5u6u4.jpg
Thanks guys!
Here is a photo of the final product. I'm serving it as an appetizer with dinner. Early unanimous verdict is "tasty". Consistency is a lot like sausage, and besides that, no one (except a few guys on the forum) would want to eat something that looks like a tongue; so I sliced it like sausage and will serve it with the reduced pan sauce.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yummy. I'd eat that up. Although I'm definitely one of those that would eat it looking like tongue too

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu