Slow day on the sea

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
3eaf55798279d712af534fbc42d59803.jpg

I was fired up this morning, being my first duck outing of the season. Had this pair come into my spread early and dropped em, expecting a good day, but as it turned out I got skunked the rest of the morning. Heard a lot of shots down at Wister though.. how'd those guys do? Season's got a lot left in her though.. hoping to find more success into the winter.

Hunted Wister yesterday and blanked (passed on hen pintail).....Really slow for the amount of ducks I saw in this area....The guys next to me had the #1 pick and we were the only 3 in the field.....Birds just never came back.....Full moon may have something to do with this.....Only 4 spoonies taken yesterday and I know the kid that got 3 of them.

Best part of the morning & 2 hen pinnies out side the decoys.

.038.JPG 042.JPG

Sandhills are awesome. Are those snows in with them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great pics Steve! Love seeing and hearing the sand hills! Cool bird! Hear great eating too!

Doesn’t look too bad to me. I’ve never hunted duck. Were you hunting the Sonny Bono Refuge, or just some random part of the sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome. I’m going to have to look into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work Jason! Digging the canoe too!
I will keep my fingers crossed for some new shipments from the north and east! Hopefully I get a baby break or card just in time.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu