Small, Medium and Big Forky on camera

ecmeins

Oct 28, 2013
San Diego
www.tempbreak.com
I got three different sized forkies on my trail cam last week in the D16 zone. The big one is sporting a rack that looks like it should have a few more branches. I've been hunting deer in San Diego for over 25 years and I've never seen a bigger fork. He looks like he's a grandpa. Could he have had more branches in his early years?

Eric

Attachments

• bigforky.JPG
    bigforky.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 181
  • forky.JPG
    forky.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 179
  • smallforky.JPG
    smallforky.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 176
  • bigforkyanimation.gif
    bigforkyanimation.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 190
Sweet pictures on your cam Theres some big forkies out their though like this one my dad killed a few years back i think that buck on your cam has always been a fork 3etuby7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the SCH website Ecmeins. That fork is a dandy!

Yes he might have had more points in his earlier years. It's more common then people realize. Same with elk

Thanks for the great replies and warm welcome. I hope to learn a lot and contribute when I can. If I get another look at this guy I'll be sure to update this post. Hopefully I'm sitting behind him smiling with my bow in my hand. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu