Smith & Wesson M&P Sport AR rifle

Baldkrash

Aug 4, 2013
Has anyone had any experience with this rifle? It seems like a good price for an entry level AR rifle.

what is the price you are seeing? $730ish? What area of so cal are you in? i can help you build a very nice entry ar the way you want it built for less then just about every off the shelf AR. you can get poly lowers complete with stock and parts kits for 150. you can get and upper for 75 bucks and a bolt carrier for 75-100 and an m4 16" for 100-150 then you just need what ever hand guard you want and some sights. i personally think its better to build your own. it can be done on the cheap or one can go completely crazy. even done on the cheap you can get what you want not what smith and wesson wants you to have, you also know exactly how to build it and break it down and repair it Ill help if you want. Ive got links to local parts wholesalers that are open to the public and make very nice stuff for less then most.

sorry i did not answer your question. YES they are not bad starter AR's as long as your lower is mill spec then you will always have that to build off later should you want to.

Baldkrash said:
Has anyone had any experience with this rifle? It seems like a good price for an entry level AR rifle.

They are a very good rifle for the money and you would be hard pressed to build one at the price the Sport sells for (Fine Firearms had them on sale for $579 last week). Building an AR has it's merits for sure but so does an off the shelf rig.

If you dig around you can build one pretty cheap. AR-15 are like Legos for big kids. Build one you won't regret it. FFA sells lowers parts kits etc. You can also get some good deals on eBay for parts. I got new colt 14.5" barrel for like $150 with front site gas tube and barrel nut. It's fun to look for deals and buy parts. Only problem is building them is addicting and you can get way carried away and end up spending way more then the $700 for one over the counter. Last one I did with eBay stuff cost me less than $500.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu