Snake people

Pacifica hellurie also known as southern pacific. Don't kill it put it in a bucket and I'll come get it.

LOL Brandon. Well I had to "show it to the exit" since it was headed for my dog's kennel!

This is what his tail end looked like

Attachments

• 20130919_164400.jpg
    20130919_164400.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19
That would be a baby southern pacific, generally speaking they don't relocate well (especially adults as they are very territorial) but that one may survive as he appears to be this years progeny, you could try giving him a ride to more suitable country. BTW, baby rattlers are the worst as far as dogs go, they don't rattle(no rattle), not much odor due to size and because of size can be hard to see.

We took your advise and relocated him...into the garbage can!

NBK said:
We took your advise and relocated him...into the garbage can!

only good snake is a dead snake! I would have done the same thing.. ha ha

Snake Charmer said:
That would be a baby southern pacific, generally speaking they don't relocate well (especially adults as they are very territorial) but that one may survive as he appears to be this years progeny, you could try giving him a ride to more suitable country. BTW, baby rattlers are the worst as far as dogs go, they don't rattle(no rattle), not much odor due to size and because of size can be hard to see.

Yep, and I hear they're even deadlier than the adult rattlers because they can't control how much venom they inject into their victims.

Well being as my snake wrangling experience is minimal, I had to call for backup.

I could have done something myself but it probably would have involved kitchen tongs and a large pot.
Backup was clearly the better option.

Thank you backup! ;)

I just hope there's not a whole little family following his path...

MamaBear says
"Well being as my snake wrangling experience is minimal, I had to call for backup. "

There are so many directions i could go with this line.......

anti said:
Snake Charmer said:

Yep, and I hear they're even deadlier than the adult rattlers because they can't control how much venom they inject into their victims.

This is correct. The babies are bad news. And yes that is a southern pacific. And as others have mentioned they are territorial.

Aeon said:
MamaBear says
"Well being as my snake wrangling experience is minimal, I had to call for backup. "

There are so many directions i could go with this line.......

Hahahahahaha

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu