So cal archery yesterday.

DainV

Oct 21, 2019
Anybody get out yesterday? How did you do? I finally got a chance to hunt again yesterday, rain or snow I was going. Thick snow shut me out of the areas I was planning on hunting. I made a move to an area I have hunted in the past. I was really surprised about the amount of sign I was seeing. Fresh sign and lots of it, much more then most of my spots. What really surprised me was I never laid eyes on a single deer. This is in an area that is pretty open. It was raining and snowing most of the time but a lot of periods of only drizzle. I figured the deer would be out to feed during the lulls?

Reactions: MarceloF
Experienced the same, find that trail with the most sign, stay within you range and let it come together.
Good luck

Reactions: DainV
Anybody get out yesterday? How did you do? I finally got a chance to hunt again yesterday, rain or snow I was going. Thick snow shut me out of the areas I was planning on hunting. I made a move to an area I have hunted in the past. I was really surprised about the amount of sign I was seeing. Fresh sign and lots of it, much more then most of my spots. What really surprised me was I never laid eyes on a single deer. This is in an area that is pretty open. It was raining and snowing most of the time but a lot of periods of only drizzle. I figured the deer would be out to feed during the lulls?
I went out on thursday...got to the spot I was planning on hunting and it was covered in snow...near waist high so I went down the mountain just below the snow line and hike for a little while. Did not see any decent signs of deer but saw a couple mountain quail.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu