So what caliber will you be using this deeer season?

I will be using my little .260

Am I at a disadvantage? ;D

Using my old mans 30-06 he passed on to me, hoping to get my first D12 buck with it.

How did those little pills shoot?

Powered by SCH and Tapatalk

NBK said:
How did those little pills shoot?

Powered by SCH and Tapatalk

lol I will let you know after the season. but sincerely it should be no problem the 243 is a necked down 308. around these parts I have used my 308 with 125 gr for years.
i expect the same from my 243 except with 80 gr. I have studied the ballistic carefully from Remington & winchester on their respective websites. I like what I see about 243.
I am not a expert but I like what see. we will wait see how it works. I been using 308 for 42 years i have had good luck with it.
but what I like about my savage XP combo with synthetic stocks. is it's light to carry around.& to shoot, there's very little kick back. so more accurate.
for southern mule deer I expect it to be fine. Since my eyesight has a little wear & tear. 3-9 x 50MM worked fine at the gun range yesterday.what i really like it did not break the bank.and it is very easy to shoot, it mechanically sound. just a great little gun all around. it would make great varmint or coyote gun. it works great for small deer.

If one must use a gun for deer 6mm/243 is the choice. The 6mm is in a sweet spot as far as balistics go. You can get 87gr burgers with a g1 bc of .412 and the 105gr are .534. Plug that into your balistic calcs.

Oh and its the only thing I own for deer as far as guns go. So it better work or im screwed

Aeon said:
If one must use a gun for deer 6mm/243 is the choice. The 6mm is in a sweet spot as far as balistics go. You can get 87gr burgers with a g1 bc of .412 and the 105gr are .534. Plug that into your balistic calcs.

Oh and its the only thing I own for deer as far as guns go. So it better work or im screwed
LOL thanks for that info. have good one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu