SoCal biggest and best

I wish Steve. Probably as close as I’ll ever get to a Bighorn.
That’s a Corsican I killed. That was my first bow kill. 30 years ago, pretty sure most people are aware of the so cal ranch that came off of.

That’s pretty cool man.

Reactions: Lungpopper
Sigh... my first time at bat with Archery Gear 2017, I missed... twice... on this guy... :(

I did soo much silent cursing that day...
09100004 - Copy (3).jpg

But at least the forest took pity on me and had this young dumb one clumsily step outta the bushes at pretty much the same spot the next morning...
WP_20170918_010.jpg

Year after that (2018)? Big-bodied dink fork ducks the string at 40yds. #facepalm Only one I ended up seeing that season.

This year (2019)? The crowning piece of taunting the forest threw at me?... a 15yo Girl hunter (and her Dad) pull up from a truck that drops them off by the side of the road... she uses the scope as her scanning optic and points right at me... I have to yelll to make sure she doesn't shoot me... then maybe 2-3 min later she makes a shot on a small buck that was probably 20yds behind me that I couldn't have known was there at the time. (If they hadn't have been there to make a shot on it, I'd have likely had him pass by me and had opportunity. I was downwind from him and slightly downhill from his location. Hunkered down with my concealment gear). But yeah man... I just knew.. the second she took a shot and I heard it hit the ground behind me close like that? My heart just sank. I knew it meant they'd seen one that must have just crossed that road, hence the reason for all the scanning with a Rifle scope and sweeping me so bad.

Meh... hopefully next year things work out better.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
Sigh... my first time at bat with Archery Gear 2017, I missed... twice... on this guy... :(

I did soo much silent cursing that day...
View attachment 42312

But at least the forest took pity on me and had this young dumb one clumsily step outta the bushes at pretty much the same spot the next morning...
View attachment 42314

Year after that (2018)? Big-bodied dink fork ducks the string at 40yds. #facepalm Only one I ended up seeing that season.

This year (2019)? The crowning piece of taunting the forest threw at me?... a 15yo Girl hunter (and her Dad) pull up from a truck that drops them off by the side of the road... she uses the scope as her scanning optic and points right at me... I have to yelll to make sure she doesn't shoot me... then maybe 2-3 min later she makes a shot on a small buck that was probably 20yds behind me that I couldn't have known was there at the time. (If they hadn't have been there to make a shot on it, I'd have likely had him pass by me and had opportunity. I was downwind from him and slightly downhill from his location. Hunkered down with my concealment gear). But yeah man... I just knew.. the second she took a shot and I heard it hit the ground behind me close like that? My heart just sank. I knew it meant they'd seen one that must have just crossed that road, hence the reason for all the scanning with a Rifle scope and sweeping me so bad.

Meh... hopefully next year things work out better.
Do you think the big guy from 2017 is still running around?

No, didn't look like it from the TrailCam pics. But there were nice enough replacements to him. Just that they were always showing up like 4am or 9-10pm. Grrr.

But anyhoo... that's where the persistence pays off.

Reactions: nicapopolis

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu