SoCal Guided Hunts hog down

Thanks Jon for posting this for me. Internet service here in king city is not good. I shot it at 88 yard in the left temple and the bullet came out right side just above the shoulder at end of neck. Lol it was bedded down and could only see its eyes and ear. I had no idea how big it was till we pulled it from under the tree. Had 13 people hunting and everyone tagged out. This hog was the 2nd biggest taken. Meat is already headed to the butcher and thinking about getting a head mount done. Thanks everyone for the comments. I shot it with my AR15 in 243 WSSM and used a 88 gr bullet from cutting edge 38 gr of varget powder. One shot one kill just the what we do it!!

There is a video of this hunt on YouTube. Look up SoCal Guided Hunts. I would post a link but I am on my phone and d@mm YouTube will not let us watch it on a mobile device. If no one post the link by tomorrow I will do it when I am at a computer

Cool video! That video makes me want to go get a hog! Very cool. Thanks for the post SoCalGuidedHunts.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu