Some bass action @ Sweetwater Week 1

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Enjoyed a few hours fishing Sweetwater this morning. Caught two bass and missed 4 more on the Senko. Not bad considering I haven't fished fresh water in 20+ years.

Special thanks to ilovesprig and Fall Guy for the tips and help.

Next week I will be that much more experienced.

When in doubt, "Senko" it out...!!

(see what I did there...??!!) :)

Reactions: NBK
Nice. Senkos are great were you nose hooking them or fishing them wacky?

I like the boat shoes. I have been wearing mine a lot around camp at night setting up etc. they are actually surprisingly warm and great when it is wet out

I like the boat shoes. I have been wearing mine a lot around camp at night setting up etc. they are actually surprisingly warm and great when it is wet out

I gonna say weightless t-rig on a Gamakatsu EWG hook.

Weightless thin Pumpkin Senko on a Gamakatsu offset 1/0 worm hook.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Cool. I restocked my pond in the fall of 2017 with fingerling bass, blue gill and red ear as well as catfish after I had it excavated when it went dry during the drought in early 2017. I see them rising every afternoon so maybe I'll give it a try this summer. The pond is full now because of the rains so I think we are back on track. When I first moved up here I could catch a fish on every cast using fly gear.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu