Some sad news

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
Not sure how many people here know the owners of My Country Club, Frank and Janice Mendenhall but their son Joel Mendenhall passed away last night after a accident with a skip loader. Apparently he was working on the skip loader and the skip loader fell on top of him. He leaves a wife and three young kids. I'm not sure if the Mendenhall family will have a donation page or a fundraiser for the family but I will let you know as the info comes. Joel was a great, down to earth guy that was always willing to help people. Definitely a sad day for some us who know the Mendenhall family and use the MCC properties.

I knew Joel. He was a customer at Fine Firearms. I spoke with Joel a month or so ago and he was very much looking forward to hunting this year. Joel was a warm and kind young man with a good head on his shoulders.

The world is definitely at a loss without him. People like Joel are what has kept America a good place.

May he rest in peace with his almighty maker.

:'(

Damn....I didn't know him but he was part of our sport, and that makes him part of our lives.
So Sorry to hear, I can't imagine loosing a child.

That is horrible. Joel is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. Just a good ole country boy all about friends and family. I shared a special place in common with them as I got married in french valley on Palomar which is where he married his wife. French valley weddings are few and far between as the Bergmans are very particular who they will allow to enter their little piece of heaven. To the mendenhall family goes my deepest condolences for there loss and may Joel legacy be carried on through his children and family. Truly a sad day in the outdoor and local communities

I talk to Steve yesterday about the CWA issue and he told me about his death a really sad day. Fished with him once on the Condor the year after he got that big buck and he gave a lot of great help to everyone that asked for tips for hunting deer in D16.

RIP

Very sad. What a terrible loss for his young family.
Life is short and precious. Be safe everyone!

He will be dearly missed. I have info on a trust fund:

Jenna Mendenhall
PO Box 103
Santa Ysabel, Ca 92070

I work on their generators and welders so I will be checking up on them on a weekly basis, if I hear of any needs from the family I will pass it along as I get them.

Thanks for all you kind words guys.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu