el cajon
squirrel burger recipe

1 pound ground squirrel meat
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1/8 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of habanero pepper puree

i have never thought about eating a ground squirrel, but show the pics and see how it looks and maybe ill try it ;)

I perfer a 12 gauge but even a knife and a stick work in a pinch. I'm with Jose I need to see pics. I've never eaten squirrel but this sounds spicy. I like it. Is this your own recipe?

NBK said:
ducky said:
Why would it kill me ?

I think Random was referring to the rattlesnake being dangerous.
No I was referring to the squirrels . Natures form of population control comes in the form of the plague which can be passed by the fleas on the squirrels or by handling plague infected bodies. Add that to the list of parasites that squirrels can carry and I can not see a reason to want to eat them unless you were in a survival situation.

Two things;

1) How many ground squirrels does it take to get a pound of meat? I've eaten tree squirrel before and there sure isn't a whole lot of meat on their bones. I'm saying 6 squirrels to one pound? Just guessing.

2) I've shot ground squirrels with pellet guns, .22s, shotguns, .223, .30-06 and 12 gauge shotguns and not ONCE did I touch one. Let alone think about eating it. Randomshot is right dude, shoot them and leave them. WAY TOO MANY yuckies on them things to make getting sick worth it.

Stick with the rattlesnakes. At least that way you KNOW something is wrong right away!

There should just be a statewide hunt to erradicate them all... Allowing them to be shot in state parks and ciry limits with low power weapons. This would help in my opinion.

fordfan1 said:
I perfer a 12 gauge but even a knife and a stick work in a pinch. I'm with Jose I need to see pics. I've never eaten squirrel but this sounds spicy. I like it. Is this your own recipe?

If its a Sidewinder i heard you could just pick them up and rip their head off. So I've heard

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu