Spring training

You wanna have healthy weight? Pretty simple (notice I didn't necessarily say easy).

Just imagine you fell outta the sky and landed in the RainForest with no tools. What would you eat? And just eat that.

That's where we came from, that's where our bodies were engineered to live at.

Ain't no bread in the RainForest! Ain't no refined sugar!

Ton of leafies, greens and fruits, and then you sometimes gettin' lucky and catching a fish or bird or mammal or reptile. Probably lots of insects too. Ain't no free/available Salt/Sodium in the RainForest either!

It's simple...ain't easy in our culture... but it is simple. You gotta do a lotta meal prep though. And... good for you food generally costs more, ironically.

When you are trying to eat right... man... that's when you realize how much our culture bombards the ever-lovin' snot out of people 24/7 with Ads pushing Hamburgers...Milk..... Cheese... convenience foods... stuff like that.

I first became aware of that around my 30's when lactose intolerance starts to become an issue for most people.

Oh... and also... no drinking juices or milk or anything but water! Eat the damn fruit! That's what you'd do in nature!

Is there beer and bourbon in this rainforest?

Oh... ewww.. yeah.. and I just remembered... they also made this fermented drink where everybody spits intoit to supply part of the something-er-other needed to begin the fermentation process. Ick. No thanks.

Oh... ewww.. yeah.. and I just remembered... they also made this fermented drink where everybody spits intoit to supply part of the something-er-other needed to begin the fermentation process. Ick. No thanks.

Ha.. a good friend of mine has lived in the South Pacific his whole life (he's 73 now) and told me about a traditional kava ceremony he was invited to in Vanuatu.. to make the kava they chew the roots and spit the kava juice out.. for you to drink lol.

Yep, this fermented drink is called "Chicha". Some of the tribes in the Amazon Rain Forest make this brew. The women folk chew some boiled root or branch and then spit the liquid into the trough like you said and it begins the fermentation process. After a couple of days the alcohol starts getting bold, visitors are invited to drink it. No Gracias

Van
Ha.. a good friend of mine has lived in the South Pacific his whole life (he's 73 now) and told me about a traditional kava ceremony he was invited to in Vanuatu.. to make the kava they chew the roots and spit the kava juice out.. for you to drink lol.
Vanuatu kava is the best. It's paleo too, no alcohol and it does pack a punch!

For my diet, I've signed up for Retrofit, very simple. Lost 20 lbs.
Still need to get in shape, being working on computers is not very good exercise.
Going to go to the gym first thing in the morning, couple times a week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu