Stalker stickbows Jackal FXT

Dan86

Sep 21, 2013
I just picked up my stalker jackal fxt longbow from the bow n arrow shop. I'm very impressed with it. There is no hand shock, it points extremely well, quiet and its faster than my wolverine fxt static with the same arrow. This is a rocket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
I did chrono it today at the bow n arrow shop. It got 156 fps with 560gr arrows its 53lbs @ 28" my wolverine does 153fps with the same arrows @ 51lbs

Stalker has some nice Bows, glad to see someone else trying traditional bows.
You are right at 10.5 grains per pound with your current arrow setup. Typical arrow weight range is from 8 to 11gpp so your on the top end. (most) bow manufacturers allow as low as 8 grains per pound without voiding any warranty (check yours) with that said, if you wanted some more speed you could drop down in total arrow weight say around 450grns you should see a marked improvement in speed and arrow cast.
Stick with it, its a whole new experience shooting a stickbow.

I would like to get one to play with. I was at the bow shop today and saw a stalker hanging up back by the re curves. Nice looking bow, stood out compared to the others. Of course that could have been the price tag.

Like I said they are nice bows. I went by there earlier this year and Bruce knows I'm a trad bow shooter, as soon as I got in the store he made sure that I shot one, they are smooth.

Ever since I shot Jimmy's stalker I was hook and now that's all I shoot. I'm actually going to shoot victory vaps through the longbow and they are going to be somewhere around 500gr to pick up some speed. I was shocked how fast this bow was compared to my other stalker. I didn't know longbows were that fast and quiet.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu