Stalking - Carlton Cat Paws

Camo_Man

Jan 18, 2015
Anyone have any experience with Carlton Cat Paws? Reviews appreciated.

http://waynecarlton.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

I use street running shoes nothing sticks to the bottom, I can walk on the balls of my feet better and feel the sticks under my feet.

Most guys just take their boots off and go with their socks......but when walking on potato chips their's no way to keep quiet

I'm doing the same with socks. Just read an article in outdoor life about stalking and they were mentioned. Thought they were interesting.

I've seen the ads. My thoughts, for what they're worth: these things seem like overpriced felt-soled slippers to me. If you wear them over your heavy boots, you still are going to make a lot of noise for the reasons MJB mentions: inflexible soles and no feedback from the debris on the ground. You are going to snap everything you step on. Heavy socks are quiet and work great for me as long as I'm not on thorns or cactus.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu