Steel shot

I started to look for steel options in San Diego a few months ago, and i could not find the right gage and the right size shot. But one day on my drive back from LA. I found these. I have not pattern them yet but i hope they work for Dove and Quail.
6673a50d53ac88cc632db2595da265a9.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
What size steel shot would you recommend for jackrabbits? I was using #6 last week and it felt like I was shooting blanks. It may have been the shooter but some times I would have sworn I was on target and they kept on running.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
What size steel shot would you recommend for jackrabbits? I was using #6 last week and it felt like I was shooting blanks. It may have been the shooter but some times I would have sworn I was on target and they kept on running.

Steel #6 should work fine for jacks.. they're pretty fragile, though not as fragile as cottontails. Even if you shoot late and clip them in the legs with #6 they'll usually go down long enough for you to finish them off with another shot or your boot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu