Still going on up high

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
When I tell people it is still going on where I hunt they don't believe me.By my records there is still 3 resident does that have not cycled yet. the one in this pic has a broken front left leg. Its healing up pretty good,but if you look close you can see a dark swollen knot right under the joint. When she first got injured it was the size of a softball. that was back in Oct. She couldn't stand on it and couldn't keep up with the group,so she always hung by herself in a safe area. I was gonna put her in the freezer with my D-16 but she started showing improvement so I let her be.Now she runs on it but still stays on the wooded hill.

Attachments

• tree stand 8-12 303.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 303.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • tree stand 8-12 305.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 305.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 9
  • tree stand 8-12 348.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 348.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • tree stand 8-12 350.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Great post Doug...Thanks for sharing the pics and the info!

No snow up there yet?

Nice eye guards on that buck !

U blew it Doug I know that oak tree lol. Cool Picts happy new year to all

that looks frosty!!!!

Looks a little nipply. I was headed up to do one last hunt on the hill before the season ended, and I asked my son to tag along. He soon invited the whole family, so it ended up being a snow day in the blizzard that went on. No hunting, but had a great time.

Vermonster said:
Looks a little nipply. I was headed up to do one last hunt on the hill before the season ended, and I asked my son to tag along. He soon invited the whole family, so it ended up being a snow day in the blizzard that went on. No hunting, but had a great time.
[/quo

Unbelievable!!! ??? I can see you sitting in your tree stand while the whole family is right under you sledding and throwing snowballs.

Invisible man said:
Unbelievable!!! ??? I can see you sitting in your tree stand while the whole family is right under you sledding and throwing snowballs.

;D Well, I didn't even bring the bow, but it would have surely been a sight. It wasn't going to be much of a hunt anyway, just wanted to get my 6 year old into the woods. He went once in rifle with me, and the dove opener. Oh well, there's always turkey in 78 days...... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu