Still going on up high

invisible man

Walk The Line
When I tell people it is still going on where I hunt they don't believe me.By my records there is still 3 resident does that have not cycled yet. the one in this pic has a broken front left leg. Its healing up pretty good,but if you look close you can see a dark swollen knot right under the joint. When she first got injured it was the size of a softball. that was back in Oct. She couldn't stand on it and couldn't keep up with the group,so she always hung by herself in a safe area. I was gonna put her in the freezer with my D-16 but she started showing improvement so I let her be.Now she runs on it but still stays on the wooded hill.

Attachments

• tree stand 8-12 303.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 303.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • tree stand 8-12 305.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 305.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 9
  • tree stand 8-12 348.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 348.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • tree stand 8-12 350.jpg
    tree stand 8-12 350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Great post Doug...Thanks for sharing the pics and the info!

U blew it Doug I know that oak tree lol. Cool Picts happy new year to all

BuckHunter said:
No snow up there yet?

Nice eye guards on that buck !
A little bit on Sunday.

Attachments

• 2012-12-31_06-46-57_87.jpg
    2012-12-31_06-46-57_87.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 2012-12-31_07-07-52_909.jpg
    2012-12-31_07-07-52_909.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
Looks a lot like Christmas... :)

Looks a little nipply. I was headed up to do one last hunt on the hill before the season ended, and I asked my son to tag along. He soon invited the whole family, so it ended up being a snow day in the blizzard that went on. No hunting, but had a great time.

Vermonster said:
Looks a little nipply. I was headed up to do one last hunt on the hill before the season ended, and I asked my son to tag along. He soon invited the whole family, so it ended up being a snow day in the blizzard that went on. No hunting, but had a great time.
[/quo

Unbelievable!!! ??? I can see you sitting in your tree stand while the whole family is right under you sledding and throwing snowballs.

Invisible man said:
Unbelievable!!! ??? I can see you sitting in your tree stand while the whole family is right under you sledding and throwing snowballs.

;D Well, I didn't even bring the bow, but it would have surely been a sight. It wasn't going to be much of a hunt anyway, just wanted to get my 6 year old into the woods. He went once in rifle with me, and the dove opener. Oh well, there's always turkey in 78 days...... ;)

Back