STOKED!!!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Just my game and I purchase our Canada airline tickets tomorrow! I am so excited and cant stand it!!!! And the round trip tickets are only $376 to boot.

Did I say I was pumped! I love Canada and I love smashing their geese. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Looking forward to the annual mallard/pintail feast too.

My cousin and I talk daily about what, when, and where.........Sept. 14th can't get here soon enough....... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 79
So awesome! Definitely gotta do this one day!

John, if I wanted to just go up there and do my own hunt (like me and a few buddies), are there any hurdles beyond hunting non-private land? Don't know the first thing about it...

8SteelTown,

Freelancing in Canada is definitely still a reality for those willing to put in the effort. But it takes time, money and gear. The best thing for a guy or gal to do is to book a guided hunt. This will give you an understanding of the whole process. It is worth it and will give you the experience necessary to move forward.

If you have any contacts in Canada, it can be a big advantage. Most hunting is done on private land that you need to access via the land owners. The do it yourself Canada hunt is not for the faint of heart. You hunt in the morning and then chase birds until dark. Scouting is the key but then getting access to the flocks you find is the secret sauce.

Some folks drive up but we fly. Fortunately all of our gear is up there so we just rent a vehicle when we arrive, shop for food, pick up our waterfowl stamps and head to the farm where we stay. I just booked my airline tickets about 10 minutes ago. I am pretty excited. It is an amazing adventure to say the least!

NBK
Do u happen to be in the market to adopt any one? If so I'm available and I come fully gunned up an ready to go to canada to hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu