Stolen Tree Stand

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
I went to Mt. Laguna this morning to hunt and my tree stand was missing. Someone walked up wooded hill and cut the cable am took everything. Anyone know of anyone the just got a "new" tree stand? It was a fixed stand and a sectional ladder. Had a nice set of ratchets too. Gotta love the honesty of some hunters!

That is totally stupid. People are unbelievable. Sorry to hear that JL.

Probably not a hunter. there are a lot of anti hunters that have made that there mission. I would not put a stand on public land with out a hidden trail cam pointed at it.I now a guy that had a guy walk up and sit under his stand while he was in it and ignored him while he was telling him to go away. Its time to start pushing back. YOU should all go to a peta meeting dressed in camo and throw vegetables at them and carry signs with pics of starving deer due to over population . Carry a potato in your pack while hunting and if someone hassles you for hunting give them a fast ball in the head. Just don't let the law dog find you with a potato or he will accuse you of baiting. ;)

Invisible man said:
Probably not a hunter. there are a lot of anti hunters that have made that there mission. I would not put a stand on public land with out a hidden trail cam pointed at it.I now a guy that had a guy walk up and sit under his stand while he was in it and ignored him while he was telling him to go away. Its time to start pushing back. We should all go to a peta meeting dressed in camo and throw vegetables at them.

Falling objects come to mind...

a LOT of hardware has been taken off that hill this year. You are not alone and there is not a lot you can do to stop it.

When i used to hunt a place that had a lot of Granola muncher traffic i would build my own stands. I could weld up a cheep stand for very little cash. When they would get cut down no great loss. The other thing that helps is to not have the ladder or steps left on the tree.

This stuff makes me so mad. Nobody knows but, There is a law on the books that makes it illegal to interfere with a legal hunt. We need to look that up, write down the infraction number so we can tell the dfg what it is when someone is sitting under your stand banging pots and pans etc. Record the guy on your phone, ask him to leave, ask him why he's doing this. He will say, "To save a deer". They're endangered.......... Then call dfg, nicely follow him back to his car. Don't threaten them and record as much as you can so he can't make stuff up later like you pointed your bow at him BS. Post up pics of the guy, his car, his plate number, on all the local sites. You won't shoot a deer that day but you'll have some fun.

That sucks Bro! That's the reason why I don't hunt up there anymore. I also don't think it's all anti-hunters either.......There are all types that use that area and that includes hunters. I have ran into plenty of rude hunters in my day!

SoCalHunter said:
That sucks Bro! That's the reason why I don't hunt up there anymore. I also don't think it's all anti-hunters either.......There are all types that use that area and that includes hunters. I have ran into plenty of rude hunters in my day!

Here's the short version of it.
It's section 2009 of the fish and game code.
It goes on and states the penalty and describes what the violation includes.

2009. (a) A person shall not willfully interfere with the
participation of any individual in the lawful activity of shooting,
hunting, fishing, falconry, hunting dog field trials, hunting dog
training, or trapping at the location where that activity is taking
place.

Jim said:
SoCalHunter said:

place.

Nuff said. Bust out the iPhone and film the clown. Then follow him to his car. Make his day miserable. As long as you don't punch him I think you have the law on your side.

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Jim said:
SoCalHunter said:

place.

Nuff said. Bust out the iPhone and film the clown. Then follow him to his car. Make his day miserable. As long as you don't punch him I think you have the law on your side.
I would much rather punch him in the head then see him sited for harassment. But that's just me, I like to punch trouble makers in the head.

Invisible man said:
SoCalRebelHunter said:
Jim said:
SoCalHunter said:

place.

I would much rather punch him in the head then see him sited for harassment. But that's just me, I like to punch trouble makers in the head.

Agreed I would want to catch someone

Breacher said:
It would take an incredible amount of restraint to keep from "handling" it yourself...

I totally agree, it would take everything I had to not stomp a mudhole in their a$$

I had a camera stolen there (not wooded hill but still rec area) this summer just before season. I have a ladder stand there now, which after reading this i'm quite worried about. Plan on going down this week.

I'll probably change it out with a hang on and pack the sticks in and out. make it hard on them at least.

If anyone knows anyone who came recently acquired and bought a used Primos truthcam 35 with a steel box, please let me know. We all need to watch each other's backs when it comes to stuff like this. the only person who will look out for a decent ethical hunter re other decent ethical hunters.

I'll keep an eye on craigslist and whatnot locally.

We as hunters are a small community to start with here in California. We already have a bunch of others who do not agree with our passion of hunting. We need to respect the rights and property of others.

If it is a hunter that is stealing another hunter's equipment, that is not cool. If you don't have something, then don't take another's. Heck, in ancient times hunters did not have nearly as much as we do today and I bet they had higher success than us.

Sorry for your loss. Shame.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu