Strange bed fellows

TomB

May 13, 2012
While scouting for deer last month I came across a Bull Elk and a Mule Deer Buck hanging together. I watched them until the crossed the road and disappeared. At times the elk would stop and wait for the deer. I have never mule deer hand with another species before. You will see them coming from the left and you may need to go full screen.

That’s an interesting video, I guess it makes sense if there aren’t any of their own species around that they would choose to hang out with each other, for safety. I read that old solitary mule deer bucks are more vulnerable to mountain lion attacks than does or younger bucks that stay in groups.

was that a doe with that elk couldn't tell if it was or not, maybe a new elk/mule deer breed is coming lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu