sweat lined San Jac

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
I decided to sweat line San Jac this morning. Got into a blind in the back corner, not the best location, lesson learned. Morning flight seemed pretty strong but everything was pushed away from where I was. Almost nothing was flying by 0900 so I was off the water by 1000. Saw about 2-3 per hunter when I went to turn in my card. Learned a lot, had ton of fun , but... I'm hungry tonight. :-\

Forgive my newbness - I just recently became interested in waterfowl hunting.

I see "sweat line" a lot - what is that/ does that mean, exactly?

Sorry Chris, just saw this :( No need to show up before 3:30 because SJWA sweatline is a lottery system once all the res. are confirmed.

Hey Rodeo, sweat line... most waterfowling locations have a limited number of blinds so they have a resorvation set up through the DFG website. So if you are not lucky enough to get drawn you show up with a million other people sweating it out for the people that do not show up for their resorvation. However, I find this pretty fun, since this was my first year waterfowling gave me a great opportunity to get in meet some great people and learn some tips. Even got invited out with an old timer that was by himself and wanted to give his dog a work out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu