Sweet Morning

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
So I got a call from NBK ( John) Sunday evening and invites me to join him at Sweetwater Res. I had never been there... The lake is pretty low...so, John said blades would be the lure of choice...John got the 1st fish, I struggled with my spinner bait...Since they were on shad, I broke out the chrome rattle trap...Bingo...The bite was consistent till the sun got high in the sky...Then it was go to old reliable...Skinny Senkos...John found a tiny Rapala bait that was red hot....30 fish later, we called it a morning...Nothing very big, but a ton of fun...John, Thanks for the invite. Really fun...

Ps...Hope your finger is feeling better...

.D30F7EF3-31F4-4B28-8880-E129E2497775.jpeg81F73CCB-E8AF-40C2-A13B-C9D4F64763AA.jpegA40BE116-6C63-466C-8755-5212078FF4D1.jpeg88C0636A-76D3-4137-8F2D-2F53C3258745.jpegEEF5DAB1-D9E5-466C-B371-1DEBE3F1FBE7.jpeg

Awesome time Steve. Great company all morning. And I am glad to have had you there when I sunk my first hook deep into my finger (all the way to the bend in the hook). Knarly. We should have taken a picture when both me and the bass were hooked up on the same lure.

I am thinking, "I am on my way to urgent care". Steve walks over and says, "I can get that out (hold my beer)". I am thinking "this hook certainly doesn't belong buried in my hand" - let's do this. And so Steve did. He ripped it out of my hand as if pulling a loose tooth with a string. Quite impressive. He is my new hero. I caught 3 more fish after that bloody mess.

Good times.

30 fish later??? That's awesome! Except for the bycatch part..

Reminded me of a story I just heard on a podcast about a gentleman who was doing some night fish and tripped holding his rod and got each of his thumbs caught on his rapala lure as tho handcuffed by the thumbs..he tried flagging people on the road to stop and help but no one would stop..he had to walk to nearby bar to get help.

Good thing Steve was there!

Got a rattle trap stuck in my finger the same way last year at New Melones Res . Taking the hook out of a bass not really paying attention it shook and buried the hook . I will forever watch those rattle traps from now on . I called my son who was on a house boat there he came with a friend who saw this Braid trick on youtube man that works like a charm it popped right out and my finger went numb instantly !!! Thank God for Youtube .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu