SWFA Scope Review

I have no personal experience with these, but I've been hearing some good things about them, and I've been considering them. The first video you linked mentioned that the scope wasn't tracking properly at first. This would cause enough concern for me that I would check into their warranty/guarantee/service policies, as well as their reputation for the same.

El Matavenados said:
I have no personal experience with these, but I've been hearing some good things about them, and I've been considering them. The first video you linked mentioned that the scope wasn't tracking properly at first. This would cause enough concern for me that I would check into their warranty/guarantee/service policies, as well as their reputation for the same.

El matavenados

yes it was because the set screws get loose. that's a big con. having set screws instead of the spline that was mentioned in the second video. I manufacture gears and splines for a living.
the same goes for splines it has to be a precise fit or it will have backlash.

thanks for the reply.

I have the SWFA SS 10X40 with side parallax on my Remmy 700 SPS Tac and love it. Tracks perfectly. I will be replacing it soon with a Vortex Viper PST though.... the rifle came with the SWFA.

Both TiborasaurusRex and Jason Rose gave it VERY favorable reviews, and I would consider their opinions "expert".

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu