Tagged out in California

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Well I’m all tagged out for 2020. I filled my first tag in August with my bow. Now filled my rifle tag.

It was another great backpack hunt. Me and my girlfriend hiked in 5 miles the evening before in a promising spot I killed a buck in last year. I shot this buck at just over 300 yards using my 7 mag with the 143 grain Hammer Hunter bullets. The bullet performed very well leaving a good exit wound. The pack out was a good one, my girlfriend did great packing out a shoulder and hind quarter, plus her camping gear. Overall 2020 has been a success.
9b31ad046cb96330a5b0fcd92358294b.jpg

d1e952ef7b56fadf0be37f408b7e9f37.jpg

7b76bbe1a87435b8bf2ecf954d5502bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done @TaftHunter. Good looking deer. Those Hammers seem to do the job quite well. Great photos. How do you like the Kuiu tent?

Nicely done @TaftHunter. Good looking deer. Those Hammers seem to do the job quite well. Great photos. How do you like the Kuiu tent?

Thank you! They do, extremely accurate also. I’m hoping to see how they perform at 500-600 yards on some pigs here soon. That is the Kuiu Mountain Star 2 person tent, this is my 3rd season with it. I love it. Great quality at the right weight. I haven’t experienced a snow storm in it yet, but it does well in the rain. It is a little small for 2 men to sleep in, but gets the job done.

Thank you all. It was a great hunt. I’m ready for next season!

Nice work, this season is going to be a hard one to beat! Congratulations.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu