Tags being pulled before season over?

PewPew252

Aug 29, 2020
A buddy went to big 5 today and they told him that tags and validation for this duck season are recalled because it’s so late in the season. State and federal. I have never heard of that, have you?

U referring to the stamps? Everything should be purchasable online through their fish and wildlife kiosk/computer terminal except for federal stamps. Those are something they need to physically have on hand. Post offices should also carry them

Reactions: sportyg
U referring to the stamps? Everything should be purchasable online through there fish and wildlife kiosk/computer terminal except for federal stamps. Those are something they need to physically have on hand. Post offices should also carry them
They ended up getting them at turners, big 5 is just a bit lost I guess. I got my stamp at a big 5 earlier this year took them 10m to find it. Also got license there

They ended up getting them at turners, big 5 is just a bit lost I guess. I got my stamp at a big 5 earlier this year took them 10m to find it. Also got license there
This is why I ordered mine straight from the state. Had an immediate "temporary" one sent to me via email that you could take a picture of and hit the trail. Then the permanent one snail mailed. I trust that over the Big5 guys any day of the week...

Reactions: sportyg
This is why I ordered mine straight from the state. Had an immediate "temporary" one sent to me via email that you could take a picture of and hit the trail. Then the permanent one snail mailed. I trust that over the Big5 guys any day of the week...
Yeah, I’d delete this post if I could. They have it squared away now

Big 5 is usually a sort of self-serve when it comes to DFW licensing. If you don't know what you need or want they don't either so it's best to study up on the licensing requirements before you go so you can walk the millennial at the front counter through it.

I had to walk the lady helping me at big 5 through how to sell me duck license...she still was really confused and called for help so I had to walk that person through the process as well..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu