Target shooting otay

@longbowhunter2 thank you for the info. I appreciate your help. I'm new to it all. I was part of a gun group on facebook because it said it was for tips and info, but instead it was a pissing contest. Anyone that asked for help was ripped a new one for asking. Made no sense.... I feel like all of you guys on this forum are very helpful. I greatly appreciate your patience sir... I don't know in what way i could help you, but i would gladly help you in anyway possible. Again thank you sir. Have a great day!! I hope you all have a great day!!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The BLM Ranger Funk just retired and there are no new officers patrolling that area. Bummer because he was very hunter friendly, There hasn't been any news that ive heard of about who is going to patrol down their now.

Reactions: Goyaałé
The BLM Ranger Funk just retired and there are no new officers patrolling that area. Bummer because he was very hunter friendly, There hasn't been any news that ive heard of about who is going to patrol down their now.

I agree he was a good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, as someone who has worked on Otay for about 2 decades, ;), as of 2 days ago, the fire restrictions ended, and it is ok to target shoot on BLM land there. I DO NOT work for BLM, but am passing along info that was given to us, letting us know people are allowed to target shoot there again. And don't be offended at anyone asking you to clean up, they are not accusing you, they just have seen what is left out there. I could take 100 photos today for you and show you the trash that has been left out there. We are our own worst enemy, unfortunately.

There are a few spots that are commonly used. One person mentioned earlier the east side. Go down Marron valley Rd., just past the gun club, then head up the truck trail. First road to your left is Ridge Road. Most of this is BLM, you will see where they shoot. Other choice is behind George Bailey detention center. if you have a good enough vehicle, you can go back in there and there is a place everyone shoots. A few target stands are placed on the hillside back in there, it's a pretty decent spot.

There are a few more areas, but those are probably best.

Reactions: Bonejour

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu