Target shooting otay

I dont know i found this map online and according to the color chart it seems ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161210-151346.png
    Screenshot_20161210-151346.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
Color is restricted. i just don't want to do anything that will cause problems. i have 2 teenage daughters. Plenty of problems. jajajajja

There are areas out there you can shoot at but are closed at times depending on fire dangers. One other thing is to make sure you clean up after yourself so it doesn't get shut down.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goyaałé
There is a target practice area on the east end of Otay truck grade, about a mile from the bottom. There is a lot of debris and you can't miss it, right next to the road. It's BLM land, but they lease BLM land on and off so make sure you have a current map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are areas out there you can shoot at but are closed at times depending on fire dangers. One other thing is to make sure you clean up after yourself so it doesn't get shut down.

Of course i would clean up after myself, and any other trash i see. i get the whole good

Why wouldn't i clean up after myself?

There is a target practice area on the east end of Otay truck grade, about a mile from the bottom. There is a lot of debris and you can't miss it, right next to the road. It's BLM land, but they lease BLM land on and off so make sure you have a current map.

I'm Not tryimg to be rude either.

My way of thinking...

Attachments

• 20161210_155902.png
    20161210_155902.png
    821.2 KB · Views: 21
Of course i would clean up after myself, and any other trash i see. i get the whole good

Why wouldn't i clean up after myself?
I meant to say im not trying to be rude to you man.. i appologize after reading it may sound rude.

I meant to say im not trying to be rude to you man.. i appologize after reading it may sound rude.

Shooters are usually pretty good about policing their areas, but it is still easy to see where they've (we've) been. It's good that you take care to clean up after yourself; but don't sweat it if you can't make the area hard to find. It's for this reason that the BLM agents like to keep folks to certain areas for target practice and plinking. Just leaves other areas less disturbed.

No worries, just mentioning it. If you go out there you will see why I brought it up. I dont shoot out there too much but still see alot of trash when i do go.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. It seems as if cal fire, sheriff dept. don't know a damn thing. Each say to call the other or call some one else... :mad:

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Blm is closed till tomorrow but some where i read they don't lift the closer till some fire agency says so... :mad:

I a bit fuzzy about this. However I recall reading on the BLM web site. Certain areas in the el cajon zone BLM were closed to target shooting , due to fire closer. Check both El Cento and El Cajon zones. Otay is part of El Cajon BLM Zone. I had to go to Past Octillo, east in the IV(imperial valley). For target shooting. How ever for hunting it was open. Check the latest on the BLM web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blm is closed till tomorrow but some where i read they don't lift the closer till some fire agency says so... :mad:

I don't get your mad emoji. Just go down there and check it out. What's the big deal? If it turns out you aren't allowed to is the area because it's roped off, you still get a scouting trip in. If you haven't been there, I s with a trip just to see the mountain. Lighten up, man. Life is short.

@Bonejour I put the mad emoji up not because i am mad that it is closed. I put it up because it seems that i was asking for the Da Vinci Code. It seems that no body knows anyrhing when you call. They were bothered by my questions. Especially the Sheriffs dept. I didn't call 911 asking these questions. Jajajaja Cal fire said. "I don't know. We work for the state" In my head i'm thinking. Oh so you guys have nothing to do with fire?? I get it. It's fed land, but damn fire is your business... Both agencies work for the Public... Frustrating is more like it. im not really mad either its an emoji... I was frustrated, but laughed it off. Now you ask "what's the big deal?" There isn't one. Again it seems as if the poeple asnwering the phone are clueless. Or lazy one or the other... One says to call the other.. Jajajjajaja :cool:

Reactions: Bonejour

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu