The adventure starts now... Or should I say ordeal

Still driving..... You should have come with me it's lonely out here by my self....

Aeon said:
Still driving..... You should have come with me it's lonely out here by my self....

Word on the street is my work is going to slow down if that happens I'm down

Went for a walk in the dark to get a camera, could not wait till tomorrow. Screenshot_2014-11-07-22-35-55_zpszk5dlygn.png

Screenshot_2014-11-07-22-35-39_zpspja2f5da.png

Not big or anything but ill be hard pressed to pass on him. Looking forward to tomorrow

Don't call to them Az bulls... even during the rut. They have been called at continuously since May. You have the right idea... hunt them like mule deer. I was in Flagstaff last week and them woods sure look different. Fall is in the air.... Good luck. Ed F

Just back to the barn, almost 14 hrs out today. Saw some elk, still no big boys. My other cam locations were busts. Cows yotes and a rifle hunter. Found a couple tanks that had great sign on, in and around. Reset cams to see what's afoot. To tired to post pics hiked about 10miles today..... Out

So i leave for the hunt tomorrow AM. I have every hunting thing i own packed in my truck and my old man is already up there with the trailer setting up camp. Gear panic is setting in and then i say to my self " you have your tag, bow, arrows with sharp things on them and a release". I am good to go! that said i think i am taking the world up with me. Two ground blinds, two tree stands. enough warm clothing to survive on Everest for a week.

I am a duck hunter by trade and i always will be but i tell ya what, going elk hunting is like going home. Feels good and its been to long since i got to match up with a bull.

stand by i will recover my cams mid day tomorrow after a week soak, photos to come :)

Mixed bag on the cams today. New thread starts tomorrow
20141113_153253_zpskub1cctd.jpg

Screenshot_2014-11-13-13-34-52_zpsvp1w6m7j.png
Screenshot_2014-11-13-13-36-14_zpsa6cfbdtl.png

Screenshot_2014-11-13-13-32-50_zpsveuczvmo.png

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu