the end of my first duck season 1/17/15

dantheman

Jan 4, 2015
orange county
Well I am hooked. I made it Out 8 times, 3 at wister 3 at san jacinto and 2 at henshaw. My favorite is wister by far. I was 52 in sweatline and still made it to a blind. So my last trip I got my first limit and I couldn't be happier. To top it off it was my first solo hunt as well. Made me feel good my first limit was all by myself without assistance. kinda proves I've learned a lot these few trips I've had. Also it was nice to meet ilovesprig in person, I hope we can meet up for a couple hunts next season so I can learn from you. If I get a ressi I will be calling you.

Good for you!! Are you already married? If so, good luck with that ;D. Seen many new hunters in wedlock battle their wifey's with this disease, nasty habit, $$ consuming thing we call hunting.

If not married, train her right from the get go to make certain you have a life full of hunting with little grief from the wifey!!

Lol. yea I'm married. funny thing is she is the one that got me into hunting. She used to go with her dad when she was little and when we got together I was interested and never been, so they took me out and I've been hooked since. Going on 12 years now mostly just dove hunting and pheasant hunting. So she is more understanding Than most I think. Still hard to get a pass though. I have 2 little ones 3 and 1 1/2 year old. My 3 year old already can't wait to get out there with me. Both my boys are already practicing duck calling. I was gonna try and get my 3 year old on a blind cleanup in the off season if that's possible.

Dan,

It was nice to meet you as well.......Great work on getting that limit.......It was tough for many yesterday.

And I agree about Wister......I passed on a #17 invite from San J for the Wister sweatline......Good decision for Jacob and I....... ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0339.JPG
    DSCF0339.JPG
    520.3 KB · Views: 31
dantheman said:
Lol. yea I'm married. funny thing is she is the one that got me into hunting. She used to go with her dad when she was little and when we got together I was interested and never been, so they took me out and I've been hooked since. Going on 12 years now mostly just dove hunting and pheasant hunting. So she is more understanding Than most I think. Still hard to get a pass though. I have 2 little ones 3 and 1 1/2 year old. My 3 year old already can't wait to get out there with me. Both my boys are already practicing duck calling. I was gonna try and get my 3 year old on a blind cleanup in the off season if that's possible.

Sounds like you have a winner!!

sdhunter said:
dantheman said:

Sounds like you have a winner!!
x2 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu