The goose whisperer

SluiceCoot

Oct 25, 2014
Rancho
Kenny Begley. On the advise of Sprig and Creole I skipped out on Blake's and booked with Kenny Begley. OMG I am so glad I did. This guy is unreal. We had the worst conditions possible. Zero wind, frosty morning (deeks were frosted) and a bluebird day with zero clouds. Kenny worked his magic and we got 4 snows and 16 specks in the morning. The evening hunt was slow, only due to the shoot times. Per FG shoot time ends at 4:51. At 4:51 is was still plenty light and the geese just barely started moving. Kenny explained it was a full moon so the geese done mind flying later. But he worked until the last minute and I shot a loner mature speck with 45 seconds to spare! Learned a lot about geese, pioneers like Phil Simms, etc. I'm going back next month and I can't wait. Thanks for the advice guy!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 27
looks awsome do you have any web page or contact info for him. ive been looking for something really special do to with my wife either this season or next/

SC,

Glad you had a good time......Kenny is top notch and a great guy......Phil Sims is one of the 1st guys I ever heard blow the YaYa calls.....He was like a Pied Piper around Wister in the 70's.....Glad to hear he's still getting after it.

Lots of great eats with those specs too........... ;)

I told him about my last post on deciding which guide to go with. I told him the nice things you said. I obviously didn't know your last name so I showed him a pic. "Oh yeah! Damn he's gray. Hell, we all are now. We're all old men. I haven't seen him in years!"

SluiceCoot said:
I told him about my last post on deciding which guide to go with. I told him the nice things you said. I obviously didn't know your last name so I showed him a pic. "Oh yeah! Damn he's gray. Hell, we all are now. We're all old men. I haven't seen him in years!"

Haven't seen Kenny since the honker days of Temecula.....Probably late 80's.....lol.....He was also my taxidermist for a number of my mounts too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu