The Great Salt Lake

Drought, more people, and political wrangling has put the west in dire straits...Tule Lake, Salton Sea, and the Great Salt Lake were waterfowl havens...I see nothing in the future that will stop this trend with the exception of biblical rains for a prolonged period.

ps...Our back country is as dry as a popcorn fart...I'm sure our wildlife is taking a beating already and it's February.

Sad but true, although they have big plans for the sea per the news last night we shall see.

Yep...probably will get worse before it gets better. And that seems hopeful.

Looks pretty bleak for us Duckers for the seasons ahead. I might need to change my winter time hobbies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu