The longest wait

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Well D16 opens in a few hours. Good luck to everyone out there and be sure to keep us all posted if you kill one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good luck boys. I had to sit the morning out but will in out tonight and tomorrow.

Morning session was enjoyable but didn't produce. Lots of sign and game trails but didn't see any.
I heard 3 shots fired around 8am (3 shots usually means they missed) and then 1 shot around 9am (probably a hit). Seemed very quiet for being the first day of rifle season.
Between 2pm and 3pm I'll head back out either to this new spot or my traditional spot (the tent that was there last night is now gone).

I hope that others have had great success today and this weekend!

My first day ever hunting SoCal in D-16. Didn't see any critters, came across a few very nice hunters and had a nice time putting my jeep through a test on this insane road I ended up trying to drive home on.. Back at it next weekend! Good luck and be safe out there!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu