The prestige list

8SteelTown

Being new to waterfowl, anything in front of my barrel is awesome and obviously there are a few I look for over others (non-coot vs coot ;)). Do you guys have a duck "bucket list"? How do you rank yours?

I've never shot a blue wing, mexican duck, euro wigeon or a black duck. I would like to someday, so I guess they're bucket birds for me. No particular order.

Bucket hunts, flooded timber in Stuttgart Arkansas, a Canada hunt for dark geese and mallards from the field, then a spring snow hunt, in that order.

Don't really have a bucket list for waterfowl anymore.....But I can remember how much I wanted a wood duck (1st one in Mesa Grande), speck (1st one on the San Luis Rey River) and a blue goose (1st one at Hazard 5).

A spoon with a two inch wide bill

I'm too new to waterfowlling to know what my list would be.... I can say this tho, 1st drake mallard that takes a water nap from the end of my barrel is going on my wall

Besides getting a banded bird, I would have to say a Eurasian Wigeon. Would like to hunt Canada at some point .

stikbrandon said:
I'm too new to waterfowlling to know what my list would be.... I can say this tho, 1st drake mallard that takes a water nap from the end of my barrel is going on my wall

Well that's going to be this weekend!

I'm hell bent for a wood duck right now. Next year, I'm putting in for the refuges and hitting it hard! Waterfowling is more addicting than crack (no personal experience). I want to get a honker pretty dang bad too! Always seem to be flying just out of reach while jump shooting ducks (Not a sky buster w/ 3" #3 loads).

8SteelTown said:
stikbrandon said:

Well that's going to be this weekend!

I'm hell bent for a wood duck right now. Next year, I'm putting in for the refuges and hitting it hard! Waterfowling is more addicting than crack (no personal experience). I want to get a honker pretty dang bad too! Always seem to be flying just out of reach while jump shooting ducks (Not a sky buster w/ 3" #3 loads).

Dam right
I should have have 20 of them son's of Bit&$'s, if we hunted the club the way wister is hunted we would limit out every time we hit it....

I just love watching the landing gear drop and slide on in.

stikbrandon said:

Let me know when u want to shoot a mallard

Sdbirds said:
stikbrandon said:

Not funny ...

In my opinion my favorite ducks that I've killed are mallards and pintails. But I really want to get a wood duck

stikbrandon said:
Sdbirds said:
stikbrandon said:

Not funny ...

Just sayin lol

not much of a duck hunter but I thought I saw a Hooded Merganser down here in the valley, is it possible they are down here. I'll go back a take a pic of the pair.

right now I've been chasing a few geese I saw in a field but can never sneak in close enough to take shot at them

i remember my first green head.. i think i was 6

ivhunter said:
not much of a duck hunter but I thought I saw a Hooded Merganser down here in the valley, is it possible they are down here. I'll go back a take a pic of the pair.

right now I've been chasing a few geese I saw in a field but can never sneak in close enough to take shot at them

What happened to the phone call..............lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu