the river

sherpa

Nov 21, 2011
Flynn Springs
No one seems to post much on this subject so here I go. I fished the river at Fishers Tues. evening, Wed and Thurs. On Tuesday evening I fish for about an hour and a half right in the launch area and put 7 fish on the boat, all on Sinkos. Wed.mourning I fished Ferguson Lake all day, The bite was on the Sinkos and a couple of top water fish. About noon I had 10 fish and decided to go to the points and throw crank baits, well the points were not doing any thing so I started on the banks with Bambo on them in about 6-8 ft. of water, bite was on, I put 20 more fish in the boat until I came in at about 4 PM. I got up late Thurs. mourning and tried a few other spots like cranking the river and flipping the fast water. I fished for about 2 hours for 5 fish and called it a day. The biggest I weighed was a 3-11 and a lot between 2-3 lb class. I did the dry camp thing camping in the camp ground by Fishers. In the evening I sat around and read, drank a few to many Rum and Cokes and almost burnt dinner twice, who cares Until hunting season I will be fishing. I will talk to Lungpopper and see if he can show me how to post Pics. To the guys that shoot at the Shadow Mt. range we got a new Bear target. One more thing the carp were big and thick and I wished that I had taken my bow down with me

Awesome post Sherpa. Sounded like a darnn good time. Years ago I fished the river up by Havasu on a regular basis and had my way with the stripers and largemouth. We would even catch a trout now and then.

Good times!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu