The Rut is ON!!!

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
I've been out glassing and taking photos every morning & evening this week (lots of bucks this year) every pair or group of deer had at least one buck in it, the bucks are out in force working hard to keep the ladies near by.
One of the big boys had 7 does with him and a spike following the herd out of reach of the big guys rack.

If it stays like this....a lot of deer will hanging next weekend, get out there and scout if you haven't yet, IT'S ON!!

Agreed, the bucks are wandering, had a forkie keeping company with a doe we always have in our yard yesterday, never seen him before.. had time to check one camera today after eight days and it also had a forkie I'd never seen before. I'm going out tommorow to check the other cameras. I post photos if they are worthy.

I haven't seen it yet in the area I've got my camera but I am gonna be out saturday hitting it hard to try and locate something decent, hope I can catch a glimpse of some rut activity!!!! Can't wait!!

Went out to the store today at 4:30 p.m. as I drove through the area where I live (Mesa Grande 3500 ft elev) I saw Six bucks within a 1/4 mile of my front gate and all were hanging with the does and some were are doing that butt sniffing thing. The next two weeks should be awesome up here. My advice to those looking to tag out is get after it right now! They are beginning to move.

Went out today and saw several nice bucks. I was at about 3800 ft elevation and the bucks were chasing the does quite a bit. Saw a pair of forkeys fighting near a couple does also. I did se one thing that was sad, I can't believe the amount if trash left on public areas. Water bottles all over the place, even found a couple floating in a pool of water along a creek. Really sucks seeing things like that.

I cant stand that stuff either, pack it in, pack it out. If we mess up the public land that we can hunt on, sooner or later it wont be public for us to hunt on. No one goes into the wilderness to see trash.

I pick up quite a bit piece here a piece there. On last part of the season alot. Me and some buddies take trash bags out more then One a day. Probly the
Same
Guys shit

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu