the time has come

• Thread starter wackum stackum mackum
  • Start date
W

wackum stackum mackum

Hunted my spot tonight seen 11 does staged near the road so I headed high thinking the bucks would be up there. Hit my first canyon only 2 fawns no mom crested the next canyon and all he%$ was breaking loose on the other side . A 2x3 bruise was kicking the holy hell out of a nice 2 point full on down hill horn bashing fur flying throw down. The smaller buck tucked his tail and ran for his life after 5 minutes of scraping but the aggressor took chase. through the chase I could see blood on the two point and hair missing . The 3x chased him for 800 + yards up to the rocks they both stopped with their tongues hanging out and that's when a huge 3x4 jumped down 10+ feet off the rocks and proceeded to give the 3x2 a taste of his own medicine he beat him down all the way over the ridge and the dust was flying fur was flying and sumacs were exploding. The most hardcore animal fight I've ever seen. It was so bad . I don't think they were fighting over does as they we're a ways away but I think the territory pecking order
is being settled. Has anyone seen such behavior and where in the rut cycle does this fall.

Harvest moon was last night. I think you're right with the pecking order fight. Awesome you got to see it go down. I would hike in, set up, and rattle the big one in. Good luck.

The weather is changing and its feeling more like deer season. Your report got me all fired up for this weekend and I was up late messing with all my gear.

Back out this morning saw 2 small bucks both with does. The spike was at 32 yards popping his tongue and nose up their rear. Try some rattlin and doe bleats tonight .my fingers are crossed hopefully I can draw blood.

Had a stalk this evening on the middle runner. Made it to 96 when a doe I hadn't seen started blowing. The buck bolted while the does held their ground. Played down til after dark as I didn't want to run them out. Maybe tomorrow

I guess I must stink Cuz I blew another one this am. Ahhhh the image of antlers and a@#holes in the glass running away is all I can think of. Alright invisible man tell me about this nose jammer I think the time has come

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu