things have been slow with the Predator contest

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
pretty slow on here with our counts of late. You guys just not going out or ? My spots have been dead, lots of sign( tracks and poo ) but not much movement.

Re: things have been slow with the preditor contest?

I've been hitting it hard lost one the other day. Josh says I had one about 10 feet from me the other night but I'm not sure if I believe him. I wouldn't let a coyote get that close without shooting at it. Lol

Also I could've had a raccoon the other night but it was way too close I would've blew it in half

Maybe it's the weather or somethin'........ Even doing deer counts, we've seen very few predators (bobcats excepted).......My trail cams have been void of 'yotes as well.

On a stand a couple weeks back, we had one respond, but know takers. It was a coyote rich area on MCC too.

Saw a bobcat a couple weeks ago at a distance. Huge tom sitting on his ass looked like a coyote till i got the glass on him. Come oct i will be looking for him again. I am going to az here to setup some cams where i am elk hunting. Might do some calling while im out and about.

It's a tough time of year to call unless you have a decoy dog.

Well, now I don't feel so bad, I've been hitting it hard, and minimal luck. I've been scouting and seeing sign, I hear then howling as they run away when I do a locator howl sometimes. Only chance is a couple young dumb pups that have been striking out on their own and didn't know better I'm guessing. I've got some tricks planned, and anyone who wants to go out with me and maybe learn me somethin' is welcome. Been doing lots of reading.

just start a thread title 2014 predator handgun and keep your kill count on it :) never to late. its only a contest in name, i think the prize is a old shirt or something.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu