This little pig went night night.

Wow!...For whatever reason, I thought he had got out of the business.
For the folks wanting the guide's info, it was Neil from Giant Sequoia.

He is on Facebook and Instagram , check him out... This was my second time hunting with him and I can not wait to get back out there.

Hunted with Neil a few years ago, great guy and had a lot of ranches to hunt. I had heard he was not in the guide business any more. Would be interested in the price for a hunt. I know he charges more for bow than rifle. Still have his phone # I might give him a call. I know the cost of a bow hunt is more than a rifle

I kind of forgot to post this...

Last year I scheduled a pig hunt for the beginning of January 2020. The hunt was scheduled to be a saturday and sunday hunt. I told the guide that I would drive up on friday and he said that If I could get there around 4:30/5PM that we could go on an a early evening hunt.

Cool, I was really tight on schedule and squeezed this hunt in, so going out friday would be awesome.

I got to the guide's house around 4:30PM and he was waiting for me, I got my gear into his Rhino and off we go...from his place to the ranch we were going to hunt was a 5 minutes ride.

This is a huge piece of land and with some beautiful rolling hills and cattle all around. It did not take long and as we turn a corner, there was a pig on the side of the road, he (guide) ranged it at just over 50 yards.

I take the shot and the pig runs into some super heavy brush, after we track it down, we strap it to the Rhino and drive back...by this time it was getting dark so we stopped, gutted the pig and kept on going back to his place.

I decided to not spend the night and drove back home so my kid could share some of the experience and help me with the rest of the work.

Home by 9:30PM, I stuffed the gut cavity with a couple bags of ice and waited until the next morning to finish the work.

I got it skinned and butchered, cooked the head meat off, made some delicious head tacos and did an Euro job on the skull, still got to mount it but it looks good!

It all went down so quick that it felt a little strange...Pig hunting is supposed the be "difficult" but this fella has his system dialed. What a pleasure to be out there and to have more meat in the freezer!

View attachment 43095View attachment 43091View attachment 43092View attachment 43093View attachment 43094

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu