this right?

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
so last year i picked up a left over A22 tag for my first season. this year im being told A22 is restricted. with that being said before i pay for this years tag i wanna get things straight. below is what i got going on. i have no preference points.

Choice 1: A16 (Archery Hunt in Zone X9A)
Choice 2: X9A (Zone X9A)
Choice 3: A22 (San Diego Archery Either-Sex)

is this the order i should submit it in.
if i dont draw any of there can i still hunt D16 with an AO tag?

thanks ahead.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
A22 was restricted last year as well. You can buy it OTC as long as it is your first tag and they are still available, however if it is your second tag then you have to wait until August 2nd (which they will most likely be sold out by then).

That order is good because if you don't get choices 1 or 2 you are pretty much guaranteed an A22. If for some reason you don't get an A22 then you could still buy a D16 or AO tag to hunt down here.

A22 was restricted last year as well. You can buy it OTC as long as it is your first tag and they are still available, however if it is your second tag then you have to wait until August 2nd (which they will most likely be sold out by then).

That order is good because if you don't get choices 1 or 2 you are pretty much guaranteed an A22. If for some reason you don't get an A22 then you could still buy a D16 or AO tag to hunt down here.
alright sounds good. I also applied for elk, ram and pronghorn hopefully in 20 years i draw one of those haha

Reactions: Dawnandusk
so last year i picked up a left over A22 tag for my first season. this year im being told A22 is restricted. with that being said before i pay for this years tag i wanna get things straight. below is what i got going on. i have no preference points.

Choice 1: A16 (Archery Hunt in Zone X9A)
Choice 2: X9A (Zone X9A)
Choice 3: A22 (San Diego Archery Either-Sex)

is this the order i should submit it in.
if i dont draw any of there can i still hunt D16 with an AO tag?

thanks ahead.
Don’t bother putting X9A as choice 2. It is a waste. All the tags go in the draw for first choice applicants. Put either A22 or D16 as choice 2, and then buy the other on aug 2.

buy which one??

Whichever you don’t put as your second choice on your app.... if they are both restricted you can only get one prior to aug 2. On aug 2 the remaining tags go on sale and you can buy the other. I don’t know when A22 tags sell out but D16 tags usually disappear shortly after they go on sale on aug 2.

Ok so if A22 sells out first, put that as choice two on your app behind A16. You’ll get the A22 tag if you don’t draw A16 in the random draw. Then on Aug 2 buy the D16 tag.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu