Time frame to wait on an area that been succesfully hunted

d16ridgehiker

Oct 26, 2011
Would you hunt an area where a buck has been shot within 500 yards within the last 10 days? If not, how long would you wait? I saw a buck taken opening day on the backside of a hill I was glassing. I want to go back to the same area as it has a great vantage point but am wary of it due to the recent kill.

If you've seen the deer rutting in their you should have gone back maybe 5 days later. If theirs does there they'll be another buck in his place very quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take that back if theirs other people hunting their not gonna leave the area alone so I'd have gone back at my next opportunity if you saw does you should have gone back their ASAP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last year my buddy killed a buck in the morning and I killed one that afternoon in the same spot....
Don't wait!!

Thanks for the replies guys. Im head up for 4-5 days straight. Have two places in mind both have had bucks taken. One during archery and one on opening day of d-16. I guess we will see what happens.

dano626 said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Im head up for 4-5 days straight. Have two places in mind both have had bucks taken. One during archery and one on opening day of d-16. I guess we will see what happens.

Your good I shot 2 bucks 3 days apart on the same trail before

We saw a buck last night 200 yards from where cousins killed one 2 days ago. The deer will be spooked for a little, but you should be fine.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu