Time to knock the rust off

GUNDOGLOVER

Dec 5, 2018
I haven't been out on the ocean since Nov. which is a long drought for me so, I'm going out on the Pescador for a 1.5 day WSB special. Scheduled to depart on 4/22 out of 22st. landing. I have never fished this boat but, I have fish with Jacob on his other boat the Ultra. My kind of boat, 10 max. passengers. Last I checked, there were still 4 open spots.

Sounds like a winner. Live squid, grey light, back side of Catalina, milky water, 50 lb ghosts. Wish I could go but no dice.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Tucker on the Endeavor,also the skipper on the Outrider has had limits two days in a row. I'm thinking SBI. He's running out of Oxnard for now.

You should pull some monsters off the bottom out there. I love the ocean it’s like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get. Good luck I look forward to the report.

Last edited:
I haven't been out on the ocean since Nov. which is a long drought for me so, I'm going out on the Pescador for a 1.5 day WSB special. Scheduled to depart on 4/22 out of 22st. landing. I have never fished this boat but, I have fish with Jacob on his other boat the Ultra. My kind of boat, 10 max. passengers. Last I checked, there were still 4 open spots.
Have fun out there brother.
Miss fishing off shore..
Ocean breeze is the best..

The trip was booked as a WSB or bust trip, It was a bust. We didn't even take a mid day break to go out for bottom grabbers. We still got a hand full of Sarco, white fish and sheep head. We lost one nice halibut to sea lions and two other fish either WSB or halibut, also to sea lions. The new boat, The Pescador, is a bigger and nicer boat than the Ultra. More deck space makes it very comfortable for the ten passengers. The one draw back is the bunk area. Six of the ten bunks have very low vertical space, the forward most bunks. if you are either a taller guy with broad shoulders or a heavier set guy, you will have issues, from getting into the bunk and turning over at night. The bunks on the other hand are all nice and wide, plenty of space for your gear. If you do book a trip on the boat, be one of the first to board and go down and claim your bunk right away. The top two bunks on both sides of the boat, at the bottom of the stairs are what you want. The bottom bunks have the same overhead space but, are right on the deck, which makes them a little hard at get into. Jacob is a hard working skipper who wants you to have a successful trip. We fished from pre dawn until after sun down and, worked the entire back side of Catalina, even went around to the front side for a short while. The food is just about what you expect from a smaller boat. The cook will make to order meals, breakfast and lunch as far as his food stocks permit. Super is always a set meal. We had New York Strip steak with mashed potatoes and grilled squash. No live squid to be had, but, I have caught most my WSB on fresh frozen squid.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu