Titanium action

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
First of all, I am a fool. I’m sick with myself for considering building ANOTHER rifle. But an ultra light rifle is teasing my brain. What do you guys recommend for a Ti action? I don’t want to spend $1500, are there some good alternatives? I’m thing the proof stock, Ti short action, maybe 20” or 22” proof barrel and a SAUM.

I’m going to follow, but don’t have a good answer for you.

First of all, I am a fool. I’m sick with myself for considering building ANOTHER rifle. But an ultra light rifle is teasing my brain. What do you guys recommend for a Ti action? I don’t want to spend $1500, are there some good alternatives? I’m thing the proof stock, Ti short action, maybe 20” or 22” proof barrel and a SAUM.
You will probably only save around 10 ounces going Titanium. Why not just invest in a carbon fiber stock like a manners a carbon fiber barrel, and a light weight scope. You will get more weight savings from these than the receiver.

Reactions: MJB
I think the goal is to do those things in combo with the Ti action. He is buying my 19 oz PR stock off me.

Reactions: NBK
one of you should build a heavy weight rig so i feel a little bit challenged in the open division at the next SCH CUP :)
What weight class are we talking? My 300wm feels like a pig

I dug my heals into this subject and was all in with the titanium build. I like the Lone Peak action or the Borden action if money isn't an issue. With that said, one of the more affordable titanium action is the EVO by MACK Brothers. It is a true lightweight action and the company uses wire EDM technology. For $1250 it will be a hard action to beat in its price point.

Reactions: JakeSCH and TRICER
16 is a pretty good chunk of steel. I'm pretty sure the cry babies will call that a open class.

I dug my heals into this subject and was all in with the titanium build. I like the Lone Peak action or the Borden action if money isn't an issue. With that said, one of the more affordable titanium action is the EVO by MACK Brothers. It is a true lightweight action and the company uses wire EDM technology. For $1250 it will be a hard action to beat in its price point.
Looking at the Lone Peak @NBK they have a few options, with and without the pic rail. What’s are your thoughts if any?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu