Took the little man fishing for the first time today

punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
Took my son out today to do some fishing. It's been a while since I fresh water fished. Salt water fishing and hunting really took over my interests aside from shooting. I'm going to need to get back in to fresh water fishing so my son can play along

We went to Lake skinner first thing thos morning. We got nothing there. After lunch my son said he wanted to try again so we swung by Pond Park. We hooked one on the sanko. He got to reel on it for about 30 seconds but came off. He's definitely excited to go out again
20220530_072228.jpg
20220530_073950.jpg
20220530_092609.jpg
20220530_124804.jpg

This is the best thing I've seen on the Internet in months. That little man is one lucky kid and you are one lucky dad. If all little men had dads like you, we wouldn't see all this crap on TV, like we're seeing today. May sound simplistic, and maybe it is, but if all little men were raised up like your kid is being raised, this country would be one hell of a lot better than it is. My vote is for you as "Father of the Year."

Took my son out today to do some fishing. It's been a while since I fresh water fished. Salt water fishing and hunting really took over my interests aside from shooting. I'm going to need to get back in to fresh water fishing so my son can play along

We went to Lake skinner first thing thos morning. We got nothing there. After lunch my son said he wanted to try again so we swung by Pond Park. We hooked one on the sanko. He got to reel on it for about 30 seconds but came off. He's definitely excited to go out again
View attachment 54323
View attachment 54324
View attachment 54325
View attachment 54326
Hey Jeff, I have a pond on my property that is stocked with bluegill, bass and catfish and has not been fished in years. P.m. me if you would like to bring your son up and have a go. I am always up for getting the next generation a head start. Catch and release only though.

That's so awesome! I just got a video last week of my grandson catching his first fish at just shy of 2 years old. Way to get 'em started early!

Reactions: punkur67
Got to take the little guy out again today. He finally got some fish. Got 2 nice ones! Caught 12 fish and lost another 15 or so. I had to cange our tactics up a little so we would stop loosing them in the weeds. I can't thank @Snake Charmer enough for his hospitality. My son couldn't be happier and he was already asking when we were going out again on our walk back to the truck.
20220604_090542.jpg20220604_092125.jpg20220604_093249.jpg20220604_092443.jpg

Got to take the little guy out again today. He finally got some fish. Got 2 nice ones! Caught 12 fish and lost another 15 or so. I had to cange our tactics up a little so we would stop loosing them in the weeds. I can't thank @Snake Charmer enough for his hospitality. My son couldn't be happier and he was already asking when we were going out again on our walk back to the truck.
View attachment 54365View attachment 54366View attachment 54367View attachment 54368
Nice ! Congrats, Let me know if you want to give another go again.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu