Total Newb here!

Nickrp

Dec 26, 2012
Hey all! New guy from North OC! So here is my story, always wanted to learn to hunt but no one in the family hunts.... So my plan was to save up for my first gun and get it for the new year. Just so happens i was helping out my grandma and she mentioned my grandpas shotgun was in the closet (recently passed) and she didnt know if it was loaded and wanted me to check. So went to take a look at it and turns out he had two (Rem 1100 and Win Defender both 12 ga). So checked em out, werent loaded and in good shape. Then she said ok good i can take them to the police station to get rid of them! I was like WHAT?! so long story short i know have two shotguns, ahead of schedule haha!

So i am signed up for hunters safety class on the 9th, which is right around the turkey open. So my goal now is to get a turkey for either Thanksgiving or Xmas. gonna throw a post up in the hunting partner wanted forum to see if someone is willing to help me shoot my first bird. (fingers crossed!).

Just thought i would introduce myself! Thanks for the read!

Welcome to the SCH forum Nick. Sound like you are on your way to a hunting career! Grandma's rock!

Lungpopper said:
It's always special to take game with guns that have been passed down from your grand parents.

I agree.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Looming forward to getting out there. Especially with gramps guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rahaugus... Awesome guys. Cool place. Talk to the guys there about tips for turkey. They're some knowledgeable guys.

Nickrp said:
Out in corona/chino. Raggers or something like that. Next sat.

You'll have fun bro. Just sucks to sit there for do long but it's still cool. See above...

Ahh Raahuagees. Shot plenty of pheasant there as a kid. Not even sure if they still have the club anymore. Took my class there too. Wife is there right now doing her safety course

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu