Trail cam question

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
I put my trail cameras in steel boxes and one of the places i have my camera there isn’t any shade. I get a bunch of photos of nothing during the warmest parts of the day. I’m pretty sure it has to be the box heating up and setting off the camera, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has this problem? My logic is that if the wind was setting it off then it would be going off at random times throughout the day, but it always goes off around midday.

When it's hot... and wind whips in a bit... waving branches from vegetation will set it off. Sometimes gotta turn down sensitivity. Also tyr mounting the cam higher up on the tree. Try to make the cam pointing North so none of the pics are backlit.

I once had a cam in direct sunlight... didn't last a day over here in the IV. Now I place them in shaded areas and or north facing like G said. Yes, clear brush away... my cams don't have any adjustments available so I do put a sim card with lots of gigs that can hold a bunch of pics

this guy came in for a close up but before him.. 300 pics of wind moving branches 20 yards away59088847758__53C57F38-3DF3-400B-B061-7AE6AADFE479.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu