Trail Camera Soak Time

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I put some cameras out two weeks ago. I am going to hike in and check them this weekend. How long do you guys let your cameras soak?

I checked mine every two or three weeks last summer. I’d like to leave them up all winter one year, especially if they’re up in the high country.

Reactions: TRICER
Weekly...Most are private and game rich...So, I don't like looking at 500 pix... ;)

.View attachment 44357

I am with Steve. Mine are local (my property and a ranch about a mile away) and private. I will pull the cards weekly if I have the time.

I actually might pull some this weekend. I should have some growth pics.

When I have them out I check about every three weeks. The bane of my existence is coming back to dead batteries and 4K photos and then noticing a small branch in the field of view.
I had the same experience last year. It would go off a bunch during the hottest part of the day, the heat must have made it more sensitive to the shrubs in front of the camera because it only happened in the middle of the day.
753C4700-4C28-462B-B267-F8F659968B86.jpegD6A550B3-2801-4791-9C17-785A2F98D043.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu