Trimble App

I use it...does everything I need - including private/public land overlays.

I use it and like it a lot. It's nice to be able to see a color coded map of the area your in so you can verify property boundaries. I just use the public land maps but if you become an elite member you can cache maps of the area you will be hunting and then be able to pull it up even when there is no cell service.

Josh Pearson said:
I use it and like it a lot. It's nice to be able to see a color coded map of the area your in so you can verify property boundaries. I just use the public land maps but if you become an elite member you can cache maps of the area you will be hunting and then be able to pull it up even when there is no cell service.
I do the same thing now based on the discussion we had last fall. I don't take my Garmin gps with me any more. Just my phone.

Trimble is sweet for public land overlay, I have my phone checking the public land overlay and my computer with google earth so I can see it better with a bigger screen

I have been using the onX Hunt app and I have been pretty happy with it. I only use that app because I got a free year by being a rocky Mountain elk foundation member. Free is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cool thanks guys.

one more question are you using the paid version or the free version. any one have the link for the upload. is there copy cats out there?

Ghost

I bought the pro version and added elite subscription. I generally dislike subscriptions but this is a lot cheaper than alternative products through Garmin, and elite subscription has coverage of the entire US which is great if you hunt outside CA.

Doesn't work like that. The pro version just gives a little extra functionality and does not provide any overlay maps for checking boundaries. It's main value is that it provides the framework for the elite membership (subscription). With the subscription, you then download the overlays for any specific hunt area, such as D16, onto iTunes and sync it to your phone.

I just checked it out and signed up for the trial membership. Then I clicked on the private maps and started looking around and I think its too good to be true. How accurate are these maps. I looked at an area that I thought was illegal to hunt on all my other sources and now its telling me it is national forest and grass land. Which is huntable. I Don't know if I trust these maps to just show up and start hunting somewhere new. What do you guys think?

I believe they are pretty accurate. There are actually people posting sections of land as private when in fact it's BLM or National Forest.

Every time I've checked it against NF/NP or BLM it has checked out. Elite subscription was $23.99 per year as I recall.

There may be confusion with the Garmin chip memory upgrades. With the Garmin 62S, you can upgrade the memory with a chip that works for one state only, and costs $100 for each chip. I bought the CA chip, but the Trimble app is way better at about a quarter the price of the Garmin chip alone. No contest.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu