Triple Barrel!

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
Charles Daly makes a triple barreled shotgun. They have waterfowl and defense models in addition to the classic upland model. Would you hunt with one? Why or why not? How do you think they compete with semi-autos?
8BF84D99-9030-4529-BF26-27E1368C8660.jpegB0DF7D5B-DEE2-4296-B911-C492D3CA91DD.jpeg

If it was better than a semi-auto, it would be more popular....Just sayin'

ps...Have you tried shooting a 3 1/2" with an over/under?...Talk about rocking your world... :D

If it was better than a semi-auto, it would be more popular....Just sayin'

ps...Have you tried shooting a 3 1/2" with an over/under?...Talk about rocking your world... :D
It is definitely quicker to top off a semi-auto's magazine than it is to break open the triple barrel and add a shell. The semi-auto locks open when its empty. Can you think of some other advantages? It weighs 8.6 lbs, would that help with recoil?

It is definitely quicker to top off a semi-auto's magazine than it is to break open the triple barrel and add a shell. The semi-auto locks open when its empty. Can you think of some other advantages? It weighs 8.6 lbs, would that help with recoil?

It may help some...I shot a 3 1/2". 28" barreled Browning Cynergy....Weighs about 7 1/2 lbs.

The pointability and lighter overall gun are good enough for me to stick with autos...The Beretta A-400 weighs 7-11 lbs and Benelli SBE 3 weighs in at 6.9 lbs.

Reactions: Hunter527
It may help some...I shot a 3 1/2". 28" barreled Browning Cynergy....Weighs about 7 1/2 lbs.

The pointability and lighter overall gun are good enough for me to stick with autos...The Beretta A-400 weighs 7-11 lbs and Benelli SBE 3 weighs in at 6.9 lbs.
That’s a good point. It can be tough to keep track of a green-wing with one barrel, three would be even tougher!

It’s a gimmick gun if you want one buy one. Guns are cool but this is not an every weekend in the blind or field gun. Sometimes you just buy a gun because you like it or you want to show off and there is nothing wrong with that. People would get excited when you pulled that out of a case everyone wants to shoot something different.

I would think its a heavier scatter-gun and I'm not crazy about it, but I have always liked the concept of a Drilling for hunting in regions like Europe and Africa where a hunter can encounter Fowl and Big Game in same area/season.

Interesting idea. The Camo 3 1/2 version goes for $2,069 so I'll never see one, even if I wanted one. You could buy 3 or 4 good pump guns for that much.

What’s your favorite pump gun?
I have a Benelli Super Nova I like a lot but to be honest if I still love my old (probably near 60 year old) 870 Wingmaster. Only problem with it is it's a 2 3/4 only gun so I've relegated it to dove and quail. I should probably go out and find a 870 Wingmaster that will take 3 1/2's (yes, whether I use 3 1/2's or not I still like the capability to be there, just in case). From what I've seen, and more from what I've heard, the 870 Express isn't up to par with the Wingmaster. I have a friend that has a 3 1/2 870 Wingmaster and it's really a sweet gun. In all the years I've had mine, which I bought used from a relative when I was about 20 or so, (so I've been shooting it 45 years or so) it's only had one problem and that was a certain type of Remington ammo that would, for some reason, double feed from the magazine and jam the gun. Had a gunsmith look at it and he couldn't figure out why it was doing that and couldn't get it to duplicate the problem with any other type of shells so he concluded it was something with the shells themselves. Just never used that ammo again (which I couldn't now anyway since they were lead duck loads back before the ban) and I've never had any other problem with it.

Reactions: Hunter527

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu