Tripod / Ballhead

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I have been using my binos off a monopod for along time but it's time for an upgrade. I ordered some new Bino's but want to pair it with a tripod / ball head this time around and wanted to see what others are using. Looking for something compact, lightweight, and sturdy enough to use with a DSLR also. Any suggestions?

I'm using a RRS leveling head. Pretty happy with it. Just limited on vertical motion20201026_214054.jpg

I like the Outdoorsmans lightweight head. I have been using it for years. It weighs 7 ounces.

I've been running the Sirui VA-5 Fluid Head and tripod kit from GoHunt and am pretty happy with the quality/form factor for the price

If your looking for light weight, go with the GTP3 from TricerUSA paired with what @NBK said and go with the Outdoorsmans light weight head.

I think @Truduct knows the owner of Tricer .
I second @stikbrandon recommendation. I'm upgrading my entire glassing setup. Picked up the Tricer GTP-III already and picking up a Outdoorsman micro pan head next.

Reactions: TRICER
I hear these are pretty sweet and machined here in San Diego. Also the outdoorsman micro pan cannot be beat when it comes to pan heads. If your looking for a simple ball head which honestly will give you the most compact design of all pan heads there are a few on Amazon that are relatively inexpensive. My son runs a small ball head with his GTP-II for his 10s. His whole setup fits comfortably in his pocket. But in the end all roads lead to the micro pan.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu